20080507

Say to my soul... (Ps 35:3)

Wednesday, May 7, 2008


Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."
Psalm 35:3b


This morning I was reading in Psalm 35, and I held onto this prayer of David's:
"Say to my soul, 'I am your salvation.'" - for me it's similar to that Ephesians 3 flow we looked at yesterday. I need the strengthening of the Spirit to know that Jesus is with me and in me. I need the strengthening of the Spirit and the experience of Jesus' presence to be rooted and grounded in love.

I need and long to hear God say, deep within me, "I am your salvation." Not words on a page, or a great concept or new idea. But the voice in the midst of my enemies, in the face of my fears. Aslan assuring that victory is coming. MacArthur saying, "I will return."

It's the word from heaven saying to the baptized "You are my beloved, I couldn't be happier with you."

God, please let my soul really hear and believe and know that you indeed are my salvation, that anything and everything else that I look to to save me from all that seems to threaten me is vanity and foolishness and hopeless. Forgive me for listening to all the chatter and clamor, all the noise; for willingly distracting myself with any other voice but yours. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."

No comments: